We are seeking someone to work for substantial experience and college credit with a flexible 10 hrs/week for 12-15 weeks tailored to the intern’s schedule. We need interns to immediately review, redesign, fix, and develop websites using WordPress and WordPress themes. Familiarity with business oriented WordPress themes is greatly preferred.
University student with a background in at least one of the following:
- Website Development/Design (particularly WordPress Dev/Design)
- HTML, CSS, PHP
- Computer Science
While working on various website projects, our interns have opportunities to broaden their knowledge and real world experiences while developing and enhancing skills in web design, graphic design, illustration, marketing, leadership, customer service, team-building, project management, time management, strong social skills, and problem-solving. This experience will undoubtedly broaden an intern’s networking skills and sharpen technical skills. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience for your resume, build a strong foundation, build a new network, and will result in a great reference.
- Edit and fix company websites to combat bugs and small errors
- Design website layouts and architecture to maximize user experience and SEO
- Design or modify background and header images for websites and social media pages/profiles
- Design email marketing and email newsletter templates to match websites
- Manage projects- must be able to communicate and collaborate with supervisor and other designers and writers
We are driven by our statement of CORE values: DO YOU in all areas of life – LIVE. Work. Play. Where “DO YOU” is an acronym for:
- Dig in and be determined
- Open your minded to the endless possibilities
- Yield neither to opposition nor competition; avoid mediocrity, seek greatness
- Over deliver on things that matter and over achieve on things unsure
- Understand the benefits for allRequirementsQualified interns must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Web development
- Basic HTML/CSS coding knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of how to build and customize a Word Press based website
- jQuery, MySQL experiences helpful
- Adobe Creative Suite or other design program knowledge preferred
- Drawing/sketching skills preferred
- Creativity in vision and ability
- Timely approach to responsibilities
- Good communication skills
- Good time management and ability to prioritize projects and tasks
- Strong attention to detail
Upon successful completion of the internship, Lethean will review overall performance and determine which candidate is best suited to grow into a Part-Time or Full-Time Associate role.
The following are listed as it relates inclusively to Lethean.it as a company and its parent company’s portfolio of startups and early staged companies.
What You Will Get in Return
- Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Opportunities to bring your own ideas to market
- Opportunities for stock options in startups where applicable
Lethean (LTHN) salary, paid monthly, over 24-month agreement.